Skip to main content

Web Design Semester 2 Reflection

Web Design Semester 2 Reflection

What is a valuable takeaway you learned from each guarantee?

Technology - Sometimes it doesn't cooperate with you, and its your job to make it cooperate with you. Patience is very important, especially when dealing with technology is an important skill to learn early on. When working w/ outdated hardware, or code, it can be very challenging when you have to work around obstacles to achieve your goal.
Collaboration - If you don't have a certain skill that someone else in your group does, it is important to learn how to collaborate that way you can both benefit from each-others strengths. This guarantee was more applied in Entertainment Video.
Communication - In eComm you will commonly run into roadblocks, and it is important to learn to reach out for help - whether it be to an instructor or peer - and in group work to communicate with your group effectivelye so everyone knows what they're supposed to be working. 
Project Management - If you do not make a timeline for yourself, and work to meet every project goal on time, or early, YOU WILL NOT FINISH. 
Leadership - If you're in a group, and you're the leader, you should put forth an effort to LEAD the group. If you don't, no one else will, so just tell everyone what to do. 

Greatest Strength - Independently working towards my goals//Greatest Weakness - WIX

I've improved this year on working towards my goals, and finishing projects on time. Except for WIX. I'm still very bad at WIX, but that's fine. I'll live.

I'm going to apply the skills I've learned next year to make more advanced and professional level websites. Next year, I would like to dive more into interactive web frameworks. 

I've improved greatly this semester in my web design and development skills, and I'm looking forward to continuing to grow my aptitude and skills in this field.

I hope you enjoyed your first year teaching e-Communication at Olathe Northwest!! Sorry for falling out of my chair on the first day of school, but I mean, you're an e-Communication teacher so...







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Repellent

People Repellent Our project was to think up a product, and then using that produce design logos, websites, animate Web Ads, and produce a Commercial. The project took most of Quarter 4, and required a lot of focus and hard work. Along the way we hit several bumps, including people (and myself) getting behind in the work. A struggle that I had was learning about weird kinks in software, which I mostly screamed out. Something else I learned was that sometimes when something makes sense to ME, it doesn't make any sense to other people. I think all of the work I did in Q4 was too the best of my abilities. In class, I mostly started projects, but most of my work was done on my computer at home. After I had completed all of my in class work however, I admittedly didn't do much. To help keep my skills I do most of my class work outside, as well as work on little side projects to help improve my skills. I think my biggest strengths in eComm are Cutting video, Af

My House

sketchup      T his quarter we learned how to use Sketchup, a 3D modeling software. We were tasked with creating a house, and then creating a fly through of it to showcase the best parts.

Music Video Reflection

Music Video Reflection  Our assignment was to find a music video to re-create. We were required to first storyboard the music video we decided on, drawing out a picture for every scene to base our filming off of. We then scouted locations, and found actors and extras. We were in charge of coordinating all of our talent, as well as ourselves to find days to film and edit. A lot more pre-production went into this project, and I feel like it showed. Preparing before hand made us a lot more effective while filming, and made editing a breeze. Learning how to storyboard, and film scape, and beat sheet, etc. was all very useful, and I while it isn't the most fun thing in the world, I can now see the benefit of doing it. The finished product was very clean, and filming was made easier because we knew every scene and shot we needed, and were able to easily get them. Given how smoothly this project went, there isn't a lot I would change. The snow days weren't ideal, and unfo