Skip to main content

Web Design Semester Reflection


What was your biggest challenge and how did you resolve it?
--My first time attempting to work with DIVs was difficult. My code was unorganized, and my CSS was very messy. To resolve it, I ended up just building a new template from scratch, that way I could build everything the way I wanted to.


What was your favorite project or exercise? Why?
While I didn't really like the content, I liked the Real or Hoax project because it was cool to try to build a project that in the future could be expanded upon. Working with multiple pages and NAVs was a good challenge.


What is your greatest strength in Web Design?
My greatest strength in web design is CSS styling, as I am (usually) able to get my site looking how I envisioned, although I still have major room to improve.


What is your top weakness in Web Design?
I think my top weakness would have to be either page organization, or website interactivity. My websites tend to look nice, but the code is not very optimized, and interactivity is limited.


What web design skill have you improved the most this semester?
I think I have improved on my weakness of page organization, and my CSS has gotten bounds better.


What do you still need to work on and why?
While I've grown a lot, I think my page styling (CSS) and organization can still be improved.


Is there anything you would change about this class? Why?
As the eComm program evolves, I think it would be beneficial to include some of the earlier projects (like basic HTML work) in the e9 class, that way the Sophomore Class can work on building sites sooner.


Conclusion/Other Comments?
I think this has been a very good Semester in Web Design, and I am looking forward to seeing what projects Mr. Johns has planned for 2nd Semester.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

People Repellent

People Repellent Our project was to think up a product, and then using that produce design logos, websites, animate Web Ads, and produce a Commercial. The project took most of Quarter 4, and required a lot of focus and hard work. Along the way we hit several bumps, including people (and myself) getting behind in the work. A struggle that I had was learning about weird kinks in software, which I mostly screamed out. Something else I learned was that sometimes when something makes sense to ME, it doesn't make any sense to other people. I think all of the work I did in Q4 was too the best of my abilities. In class, I mostly started projects, but most of my work was done on my computer at home. After I had completed all of my in class work however, I admittedly didn't do much. To help keep my skills I do most of my class work outside, as well as work on little side projects to help improve my skills. I think my biggest strengths in eComm are Cutting video, Af

My House

sketchup      T his quarter we learned how to use Sketchup, a 3D modeling software. We were tasked with creating a house, and then creating a fly through of it to showcase the best parts.

Music Video Reflection

Music Video Reflection  Our assignment was to find a music video to re-create. We were required to first storyboard the music video we decided on, drawing out a picture for every scene to base our filming off of. We then scouted locations, and found actors and extras. We were in charge of coordinating all of our talent, as well as ourselves to find days to film and edit. A lot more pre-production went into this project, and I feel like it showed. Preparing before hand made us a lot more effective while filming, and made editing a breeze. Learning how to storyboard, and film scape, and beat sheet, etc. was all very useful, and I while it isn't the most fun thing in the world, I can now see the benefit of doing it. The finished product was very clean, and filming was made easier because we knew every scene and shot we needed, and were able to easily get them. Given how smoothly this project went, there isn't a lot I would change. The snow days weren't ideal, and unfo